Frank has an illustrious 30 year career in Sports Medicine providing professional athletes and amateurs of all ages the highest quality of physical therapy and fitness training with the best results. He was a member of two Olympic teams 1996 and 2002. He was retained by Olympic competitors, professional golfers, skiers, boxers, soccer players as well as amateurs simply wanting to return to their favorite sport. He is a Board Certified Physical Therapist, Board Certified Athletic Trainer, and National Strength and Conditioning Specialist. Professional experience is supported by an unusual level of professional training.
Selected Accomplishments & Results:
- United States Olympic Committee Sports Medicine Member
- Student Athletic Trainer, University of Lowell. DIV 1. Ice Hockey. Hockey East. 1983 – 1986
- Crew Chief for United States Olympic Committee 1989 – 2000
- MLS, San Jose Clash, Los Gatos Community Hospital/Sports Medicine 1995-1996
- Olympic Games, Atlanta Georgia, 1996
- U.S. Olympic Training Center, Chula Vista, CA. Directed Sports Medicine Center during Nagano Olympics 1998
- Olympic Games, Salt Lake City, UT 2002
- Titleist Golf Level 3 Medical Professional from TPI, The Titleist Performance Institute. 2007
- Stone Eagle Golf Club, Wellness and Fitness Director 2012 – Present
- Strength and Conditioning Specialist for Desert Blaze and Desert Rams high school ice hockey team. 2014 – Present
- LPGA Team Member/Mi Rim Lee. 2014 – Present
- Team Desert Storm/Tim Bradley (two time WBO welterweight). 2014 – Present
Frank is constantly striving to stay at the top of his profession to help others stay at the top of their game. Frank has worked with many celeb sporting clients ranging from; LPGA, PGA, NHL, etc. Franks unwavering commitment to his craft is not reserved for just his many professional athletes. Whether it’s a 10 year old gymnast, a top boxer or a high school student, Frank applies that same knowledge, passion and drive to each and every one of his clients.
Gustafson Sports Medicine; Palm Desert, CA 2003 – Present
Frank Gustafson owns and operates Gustafson Physical Therapy, Fairway Fitness and Quick Kids (youth athlete development camps).
Gustafson Sports Medicine; Los Gatos, CA 1996 – 2003
Los Gatos Community Hospital, CA 1986 – 1996
Starting as staff therapist and over the course of ten years in conjunction with his work for the Olympic Committee became Director of Outpatient Services.
BA in Physical Therapy and Athletic Training
UNIVERSITY OF LOWELL– Lowell, MA.
Board Certified Physical Therapist, 1986
Board Certified National Athletic Trainer, 1986
Board Certified National Strength and Conditioning Assoc. 1991
- Certified in Active Release Technique
- Back to Golf Certified
- Certified in Graston Techniques
- Certified in Functional Movement Screening
- Certified Level 3 Medical Professional for Titleist Golf
- Sports Safety Specialist